Careers & Jobs
Real Estate & Rentals
Full MSN Index
Couch: 5 Reasons Kentucky will defeat ECU
Trevard Lindley, one reason for a UK win
KSR Guest Analyst
Posted Jan 1, 2009
Former Kentucky player Joey Couch gives his reasoning behind his prediction of a UK win over East Carolina in the Liberty Bowl.
Here are five reasons the Cats will win the Liberty Bowl.
1. The Cats play in the toughest conference in America.
3. Enough said, correct. If you take out the
game, the Cats were more than competitive in each contest. There is a reason the SEC finishes at the top of the bowl cup every year.
2. You can’t argue with the way the Cats have been prepared for the last two bowl victories. Nobody gave them a chance two years ago and we kicked
all over the field for 58 minutes. Coach Brooks deserves a lot of credit for the how well the Cats have played in the last two bowls and I expect the same this Friday.
3. The Cats are finally healthy. I know
will be too, but refer to 1 and 2 and 4 and that makes me feel good about how the
will perform in the Liberty Bowl.
4. The seniors on this team will not settle for anything less than a victory. This has been a very special class that has been instrumental in making Kentucky football respectable again. I think their excited about being in Memphis and it will show Friday.
5. The Wildcats have already been victorious in activities that are part of the agenda that pits each team against one another in various contest that are for fun like:
victory in the X-Box competition, basketball shoot-off (of course we’d win this competition, were from Kentucky). These are just a few to mention and now it’s time to take it to the field.
-- I know I said five -- but this could possibly be the last time we see one of best cornerbacks to ever wear the Blue and White. I just hope they throw it his way a few times and we get to watch him do his thing. Remember Clemson last year?
Brooks names game captains
Jan 1, 2009
Kentucky takes Liberty Bowl Championship
Jan 2, 2009
Liberty Bowl notes of interest
Jan 2, 2009
2014 Scout.com Recruiting Yearbook
with an annual Total Access Pass
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from AllWildcats.com . Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Players to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite players. Click name to add to
View My HotList
Copyright © 2014 Scout.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
Junior College Football
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2014 Microsoft