Here are five reasons the Cats will win the Liberty Bowl.
1. The Cats play in the toughest conference in America. LSU 38, Georgia Tech 3. Enough said, correct. If you take out the Florida game, the Cats were more than competitive in each contest. There is a reason the SEC finishes at the top of the bowl cup every year.
2. You can't argue with the way the Cats have been prepared for the last two bowl victories. Nobody gave them a chance two years ago and we kicked Clemson all over the field for 58 minutes. Coach Brooks deserves a lot of credit for the how well the Cats have played in the last two bowls and I expect the same this Friday.
3. The Cats are finally healthy. I know East Carolina will be too, but refer to 1 and 2 and 4 and that makes me feel good about how the Kentucky will perform in the Liberty Bowl.
4. The seniors on this team will not settle for anything less than a victory. This has been a very special class that has been instrumental in making Kentucky football respectable again. I think their excited about being in Memphis and it will show Friday.
5. The Wildcats have already been victorious in activities that are part of the agenda that pits each team against one another in various contest that are for fun like: Dicky Lyons Elvis impersonation, Jeremy Jarmon victory in the X-Box competition, basketball shoot-off (of course we'd win this competition, were from Kentucky). These are just a few to mention and now it's time to take it to the field.
6. Trevard Lindley -- I know I said five -- but this could possibly be the last time we see one of best cornerbacks to ever wear the Blue and White. I just hope they throw it his way a few times and we get to watch him do his thing. Remember Clemson last year?
The Wildcats went through their final on-field game preparations with a walk-through on Thursday,…