Kentucky's football game against Mississippi State this fall has been moved to Thursday, Oct. 24, the Southeastern Conference announced on Tuesday.
The Wildcats and Bulldogs will play in a nationally-televised game on ESPN in Starkville, Miss., with kickoff scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET.
It will mark UK's seventh appearance on a Thursday night ESPN affiliate game, all of which have come on the road.
Previous UK Thursday Night Games:
* On Sept. 23, 1993, Kentucky scored two touchdowns in the fourth quarter to notch a come-from-behind 21-17 win at South Carolina. Randy Wyatt scored on a 64-yard run with 11:47 to play, and Michael Woodfork put the Wildcats ahead with a one-yard plunge with 4:55 left. The Wildcat defense stopped USC’s final two possessions on a fumble recovery and an interception in the end zone. The win was viewed as a turning point of the season as the Wildcats eventually advanced to the 1993 Peach Bowl.
* On Sept. 29, 1994, Auburn took control early in defeating the Wildcats, 44-14, at Auburn.
* On Nov. 4, 1999, Mississippi State kicker Scott Westerfield nailed a 45-yard field goal with five seconds remaining to give the Bulldogs a 23-22 win in Starkville. It was a heartbreaking loss for the Wildcats, who were one win away from bowl eligibility and also missed a chance to upset the undefeated Bulldogs. UK bounced back, however, with a win at Vanderbilt that sent the Cats to the Music City Bowl.
* On Oct. 9, 2003, Kentucky trailed 27-7 in the fourth quarter at South Carolina. Shane Boyd, subbing for the injured Jared Lorenzen, led two touchdown drives to pull within 27-21. The Cats got the ball back late in the game but South Carolina held on for the win.
* On Oct. 4, 2007, in a matchup of top-20 teams, host South Carolina bested Kentucky, 38-23, handing the Wildcats their first loss of the season. UK recovered in its next game and dispatched No. 1-ranked LSU.
* On Sept. 1, 2011, Kentucky opened the season with a 14-3 win against WKU at Nashville’s LP Field. The Wildcat defense allowed only a field goal, while Josh Clemens ran for a 14-yard touchdown and Morgan Newton threw a 31-yard TD pass to La’Rod King.
2013 UK Schedule:
Aug. 31 vs. WKU Nashville (LP Field)
Sept. 7 Miami (Ohio) Home
Sept. 14 Louisville Home
Sept. 21 open
Sept. 28 Florida Home
Oct. 5 at South Carolina Columbia
Oct. 12 Alabama Home
Oct. 19 open
Oct. 24 at Mississippi State Starkville
Nov. 2 Alabama State Home
Nov. 9 Missouri Home
Nov. 16 at Vanderbilt Nashville
Nov. 23 at Georgia Athens
Nov. 30 Tennessee Home