Kentucky vs. Georgia
Saturday, 7 p.m. ET
Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, KY.
Record: 1-6, 0-4 SEC
Ranking: Not ranked
Last game: L, 7-49 vs. Arkansas (A)
Coach: Joker Phillips (Kentucky, 1986)
Record: 12-20 (Third season)
at UK: 12-20 (Third season)
vs. UGA: 0-2
Series Record vs. Georgia:
Overall: UGA leads 51-12-2
in Lexington: UGA leads 24-7
Record: 5-1, 3-1 SEC
Ranking: No. 12 AP / No. 13 ESPN/USA Today
Last game: L, 35-7 vs. South Carolina (A)
Coach: Mark Richt (Miami, 1982)
Record: 106-38 (12th season)
at UGA: 106-38 (12th season)
vs. UK: 9-2
9/02 at #25 Louisville (ESPN) L, 14-32
9/08 Kent State (CSS) W, 47-14
9/15 Western Kentucky (ESPNU) L, 31-32
9/22 at #14 Florida * (SEC Network) L, 0-38
9/29 #6 SOUTH CAROLINA * (ESPN2) L, 17-38
10/06 #20/19 Mississippi State * L, 14-27
10/13 at Arkansas * (FSN) L, 7-49
9/01 Buffalo W, 45-23
9/08 at Missouri W, 41-20
9/15 Florida Atlantic W, 56-20
9/22 Vanderbilt W, 48-3
9/29 Tennessee W, 51-44
10/06 at South Carolina L, 35-7
TV • FSN SOUTH >
TV • FSN SOUTH
Play-by-Play Bob Rathbun
Analyst Tim Couch
Sideline Elizabeth Moreau
RADIO • UK IMG SPORTS NETWORK
Play-by-Play Tom Leach
Analyst Jeff Piecoro
Sideline Dick Gabriel
Channel 92 - Sirius
Channel 200- XM
INTERNET/RADIO • www.UKathletics.com
WILDCAT KEYS TO THE GAME:
When Kentucky has the ball… The Wildcats have gone 20 consecutive games without scoring an offensive touchdown in the first quarter. If UK is entertaining any thoughts of an upset today, the Cats must get out of the gates quickly and establish some confidence against the Bulldog defense. That is especially true for freshman quarterback Jalen Whitlow, who is coming off a 2-for-10 passing performance last week at Arkansas. If UK is unable to throw the ball effectively, playing catch-up against UGA is next to impossible.
When Georgia has the ball… For various reasons, UK has traditionally competed well against the Bulldogs in comparison to its other SEC rivals. Part of that is due to the Cats featuring so many Peach State natives on the roster, players who are eager to perform well against the school they grew up following but did not have an opportunity to attend. Another factor could be the UGA offense, which runs more traditional, pro-form sets than any other UK opponent. The Cats tend to fare better against teams that do not spread the field and run read-option with the quarterback. That's Georgia. But stopping Bulldog quarterback Aaron Murray will require good pressure from the Cats' front four, something that did not happen last week as Arkansas' Tyler Wilson had a career passing day.
Senior wide receiver La'Rod King has 1,569 career receiving yards and needs 92 more to tie Randall Cobb for sixth place on the UK career list. King has 17 career touchdowns and needs one more to tie Derek Abney and Dicky Lyons Jr. for
third on UK's career TD list.
• The Wildcats are 47-19 in Homecoming games since 1946.
• Kentucky has played the toughest schedule in the nation, according to Anderson and Hester and the Colley Matrix, two components of the BCS rankings. The teams that have played Kentucky have a combined record of 37-7 this season, including a 31-6 mark when not playing Kentucky.
• UK is fifth in the nation for most true freshmen played with 14 and only one behind four teams who are tied for first with 15 true frosh played. Of Kentucky's 80 recruited scholarship players, 55 are freshmen or sophomores.
• UK is fourth in the nation for most total freshmen (true and redshirt frosh) played with 26, only two behind the national leader.
• Junior linebacker Avery Williamson leads Kentucky and ranks third in the SEC in tackles per game (9.7). He has had double-figure tackles in four of seven games this season.
• UK freshman punter Landon Foster ranks sixth in the SEC and 31st nationally in punting, averaging 42.9 yards per punt. As a team, UK ranks 27th in net punting (39.7 net yards per punt).
LEXINGTON, KY – Aaron Murray's record night kept Georgia's SEC hopes alive…