Kentucky suffers a 49-7 defeat at the hands of struggling Arkansas in a game that was called due to…
Gameday: UK vs. Arkansas
Saturday, 7 p.m. ET
Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, Ark.
Record: 1-5, 0-3 SEC
Ranking: Not ranked
Last game: L, 14-27 vs. Mississippi State (H)
Coach: Joker Phillips (Kentucky, 1986)
Record: 12-19 (Third season)
at UK: 12-19 (Third season)
vs. ARK: First meeting
Series Record vs. Arkansas:
Overall: UK leads 4-2
in Fayetteville: UK leads 2-0
UK's last win over ARK: 2008 (21-20)
UK's last win over ARK in Fayetteville: 2007 (42-29)
Record: 2-4, 1-2 SEC
Ranking: Not ranked
Last game: W, 24-7 vs. Auburn (A)
Coach: John L. Smith (Weber State, 1971)
Record: 134-90 (19th season)
at ARK: 2-4 (First season)
vs. UK: 3-2 (at Louisville)
9/02 at #25 Louisville (ESPN) L, 14-32
9/08 Kent State (CSS) W, 47-14
9/15 Western Kentucky (ESPNU) L, 31-32
9/22 at #14 Florida * (SEC Network) L, 0-38
9/29 #6 South Carolina * (ESPN2) L, 17-38
10/06 #20/19 MISSISSIPPI STATE * L, 14-27
9/01 Jacksonville State W, 49-24
9/08 ULM L, 31-34 OT
9/15 Alabama L, 52-0
9/22 Rutgers L, 35-26
9/29 at Texas A&M L, 58-10
10/06 at Auburn W, 24-7
TV • FSN SOUTH
Play-by-Play: Bob Rathbun
Analyst: Tim Couch
Sideline: Elizabeth Moreau
RADIO • UK IMG SPORTS NETWORK
Play-by-Play Tom Leach
Analyst Jeff Piecoro
Sideline Dick Gabriel
Channel 134 – Sirius
Channel 200- XM
INTERNET/RADIO • www.UKathletics.com
WILDCAT KEYS TO THE GAME:
When Kentucky has the ball… The Cats need some rare first-quarter momentum. They've gone 19 consecutive games without scoring an offensive touchdown in The Opening period, and this would be an ideal time to halt that streak. If UK can jump on the Razorbacks early, some of the issues that have haunted Arkansas most of the season could re-emerge and help keep the Cats in the game. Freshman quarterback Jalen Whitlow will be making his second career start. He has been an effective runner, but needs to be able to stretch the field with his passing against a suspect Razorback secondary.
When Arkansas has the ball… This game actually sets up as the most favorable matchup you could have for the UK defense. The Razorbacks haven't been able to get a consistent running game going this season, which is by far the weakest part of the Wildcat defense. Kentucky is playing fairly well in the secondary, and could have some opportunities to turn the pass-happy Hogs over in the defensive backs are on top of their game.
Senior wide receiver La'Rod King has 1,508 career receiving yards and needs 12 more to tie Anthony White for seventh place on the UK career list. He also needs just one more touchdown catch to reach 17 and tie Steve Meilinger for fifth on UK's career list.
• This is just the seventh meeting between the teams in school history. UK holds a 4-2 lead in the alltime series, including a 2-0 lead when the game is played in Fayetteville. The last meeting came in 2008 when Mike Hartline and Randall Cobb teamed up for two touchdowns in the final five minutes of the game, erasing a 13-point deficit to grab a 21-20 victory – tying the largest fourth-quarter comeback in school history.
• UK ranks in the top 50 of five national statistical categories, ranking 13th in fewest penalties (4.3 per game), 32nd in net punting (39.1 net yards per punt), 38th in pass defense (209 yards per game), 43rd in fewest sacks allowed (2.33 per game), 46th in kickoff returns (22.8 yards per return).
• Kentucky has played the fifth-toughest schedule in the nation, according to the Sagarin Computer Ratings in USA Today. The five teams that have defeated Kentucky have a combined record of 29-2 this season, including a 24-1 mark when not playing Kentucky. The lone loss was WKU at top-ranked Alabama.
• UK is one of the nation's top five teams for playing the most true freshmen. Kentucky has played 14 true freshmen this year. Of Kentucky's 80 recruited scholarship players, 55 are freshmen or sophomores.
• Junior linebacker Avery Williamson leads Kentucky and ranks second in the SEC in tackles per game (10.7). He has had double-figure tackles in four of six games this season, including two in a row.
• Due to injuries to starting quarterback Maxwell Smith, UK has started three different signal callers in the last three games. The last time that happened was in 1979.
AllWildcats.com Recommended Stories
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More
Updated 2017 Top 50
In early July, Scout.com introduced a 2017 top 15. After spending time watching sophomores during the July evaluation periods and in the fall, it's time to extend that list to a top 50. DeAndre Ayton,…Read More
Fish Backwaters to Beat Tough Fall River Bite
If you're having a tough time catching bass this fall on your favorite river, you might want to read this tutorial from Bassmaster Pro Stephen Browning. Browning has won a lot of money fishing rivers…Read More
Mad’s World: Giants Ride Bumgarner To Title
It's a rare series when a starting pitcher truly has the biggest influence of any player on the field. But in the 2014 World Series, San Francisco Giants' left-hander Madison Bumgarner clearly was the…Read More
How the CFB Playoff Will Look in December
With the first rankings released, we project the rest of the season and predict the final four...Read More