Terrence Jones has a stat stuffing game as he led the Kentucky Wildcats to a blowout win over…
Kentucky-Dillard Game Notes
• Kentucky opened with Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb, DeAndre Liggins, Darius Miller and Terrence Jones.
• Jones controlled the opening tip and began the scoring with a short turnaround jumper at 19:47.
• Knight hit UK's first three-pointer at 17:12, making the score 7-2.
• Terry Church tallied Dillard's first bucket with a three-pointer at 17:06, starting a 7-0 run that gave the Bleu Devils their only lead of the game at 9-7.
• Kentucky took the lead for good when Miller sank a free-throw line jumper and a three-pointer. That ignited a 13-0 spurt that gave the Wildcats a 20-9 advantage they would not relinquish.
• From that point, UK pulled away steadily and led 57-22 at halftime.
• Kentucky made 16 of the first 17 field goal attempts of the second half, including all three three-point tries.
• The Wildcats brought down the house at the 12:20 mark when Lamb got a steal at midcourt, blindly flipped the ball over his head to a streaking Knight, who fed Jones for a breakaway thunderdunk.
• Kentucky reached the century mark with 8:15 on the scoreboard when Stacey Poole sank a foul shot. UK led 100-41.
• Kentucky led by as many as 68 points at 119-51 and 122-54.
• Kentucky shot 71 percent from the field, including 84 percent in the second half.
• UK also shot well from three-point range, making 52.9 percent (9 of 17).
• UK dominated both exhibition opponents on the boards, outrebounding Dillard 43-18 tonight.
• The last time Kentucky scored as many as 122 points in a regular-season game was on Jan. 20, 1996, when the Wildcats dispatched TCU, 124-80.
• On the defensive end, UK limited Dillard to 30.4 percent from the field, forced 22 turnovers and blocked 11 shots.
•All 10 Wildcats scored, seven of whom landed in double figures.
•Terrence Jones led the way with 23 points, 10 rebounds, six blocked shots, four assists and three steals.
•Brandon Knight totaled 20 points and a game-high six assists.
•Had this been a regular-season game, Jon Hood's 12 points would have been a career high.
Notes provided by UK SID
AllWildcats.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: CPatt's Fantasy Funeral
Unfortunately, despite all his promise, we must lay to rest Minnesota Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson. No games with 100 or more yards receiving. Only one game with at least five receptions. The…Read More
Scout College Football Top 30- Week Thirteen
The top 30 teams in college football after Week Thirteen...Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
Scout's ACC All-Century Team
There have been so many great basketball players in the Atlantic Coast Conference since 2000, but which have been the very best? We break down the Player of the Century, Best Coach, Best Freshman, and…Read More
The First Thanksgiving: 10 Myths and Facts
The story of the first Thanksgiving is filled with folklore and legend. But what’s the real story? Here are 10 commonly believed myths about the First Thanksgiving debunked.Read More