Terrence Jones has a stat stuffing game as he led the Kentucky Wildcats to a blowout win over…
Kentucky-Dillard Game Notes
• Kentucky opened with Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb, DeAndre Liggins, Darius Miller and Terrence Jones.
• Jones controlled the opening tip and began the scoring with a short turnaround jumper at 19:47.
• Knight hit UK's first three-pointer at 17:12, making the score 7-2.
• Terry Church tallied Dillard's first bucket with a three-pointer at 17:06, starting a 7-0 run that gave the Bleu Devils their only lead of the game at 9-7.
• Kentucky took the lead for good when Miller sank a free-throw line jumper and a three-pointer. That ignited a 13-0 spurt that gave the Wildcats a 20-9 advantage they would not relinquish.
• From that point, UK pulled away steadily and led 57-22 at halftime.
• Kentucky made 16 of the first 17 field goal attempts of the second half, including all three three-point tries.
• The Wildcats brought down the house at the 12:20 mark when Lamb got a steal at midcourt, blindly flipped the ball over his head to a streaking Knight, who fed Jones for a breakaway thunderdunk.
• Kentucky reached the century mark with 8:15 on the scoreboard when Stacey Poole sank a foul shot. UK led 100-41.
• Kentucky led by as many as 68 points at 119-51 and 122-54.
• Kentucky shot 71 percent from the field, including 84 percent in the second half.
• UK also shot well from three-point range, making 52.9 percent (9 of 17).
• UK dominated both exhibition opponents on the boards, outrebounding Dillard 43-18 tonight.
• The last time Kentucky scored as many as 122 points in a regular-season game was on Jan. 20, 1996, when the Wildcats dispatched TCU, 124-80.
• On the defensive end, UK limited Dillard to 30.4 percent from the field, forced 22 turnovers and blocked 11 shots.
•All 10 Wildcats scored, seven of whom landed in double figures.
•Terrence Jones led the way with 23 points, 10 rebounds, six blocked shots, four assists and three steals.
•Brandon Knight totaled 20 points and a game-high six assists.
•Had this been a regular-season game, Jon Hood's 12 points would have been a career high.
Notes provided by UK SID
AllWildcats.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Week 12 Key Matchups
Dr. Roto highlights each and every game upcoming for Week 12 and a Fantasy matchup to monitor within. Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon (pictured above) makes his return against the less-than-stellar…Read More
The 10 Biggest Anti-Knife Cities In The U.S.
If you're a hunter or an outdoorsman like us, chances are you carry some sort of pocket knife or multi-tool with a blade at all times. If you visit some of these cities your every-day tool could put…Read More
6 Biggest Man-to-Man Rivalries in Sports
From Pierce and Lebron to Peyton and Tom to Ali and Frazier, we're celebrating love/hate on and off the field of play.Read More
NFL Week 12: Every Game Previewed
It's a wild slate of games this Sunday with several matchups that involve playoff seeding implications and a few divisional showdowns.Read More
Apache Administers Death to Taliban (VIDEO)
The Apache helicopter is one of the most famed and efficient killing machines in the U.S Army. Get the skinny on this 'steel dragon' and watch what one does to a platoon of Taliban fighters in…Read More